Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: April 19, 2012

Tonight I was all about making burgers.  I'm having friends over right after work tomorrow so I wanted to prep the full meal plus do our dinner for tonight.  For tomorrow I'm making my turkey-zucchini burgers that I came up with for a friend who's son was at the age where he didn't want to anything green.  It turned out to be a success that time around.  This time, however, they came out a little loose, so I'm worried that they'll fall apart on the grill.  We'll see tomorrow!

Anyway, after I finished making dinner for tomorrow, I started on our dinner for tonight.  I made spicy pork burgers with sauteed bell peppers, shallots, and mushrooms.  I originally wanted to grill these, but since Nick was working late I didn't really want to mess with potentially burning burgers and veggies so I did it in a nice, safe pan.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
The spicy pork patty is on the left and veggies on top of the garlic bread
on the right. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
This is what we had after I made Nick's plate.  You'd think I was cooking for
four people!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
It's almost half the height of the remote!
Spicy Pork burgers
 
1 lb ground pork
1 jalapeno, finely minced with seeds
¼ cup habanero cheese, finely chopped
1 egg
2 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
 
Directions:
 
Mix all ingredients together.  Separate into four equal parts and make hamburger patties.  Grill or pan fry over medium heat for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. 
 
Serve with desired toppings.  I used sautéed mushrooms, shallots, and red bell pepper. 

No comments: