Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The USS Midway

On Sunday after all of our friends left San Diego, Nick and I went to the USS Midway Air Craft Carrier that is ported in the San Diego Harbor.   The ship was decommissioned and turned into a museum.  This was by far one of the best museums I've been to and well worth the $16 admission.  There were volunteer veterans who were giving detailed lectures about take offs and landings, as well as the catapult cables and Fresnel Lens lights for landing. IT. WAS. SO. COOL.  I always said that if I had to go into the military that I would go Navy.  I still stand by it, though I'm not sure that I'm made of tough enough stuff.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Can you tell that I'm getting pummeled by G-force?

Photobucket
The bomb elevator

Photobucket
They have whole dental offices on the ship.

Photobucket
Navigator's chair.  Too bad I couldn't see over all of the
equipment to navigate anything.
We also did one of those flight simulator things. Nick flew and I video taped it....and then felt very motion sick afterwards. 




1 comment:

SuperGMcD said...

That flight simulator does look nauseating.

And I'm super jealous. I wanna go on one!!!