Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 4, 2014



After a day of lounging with a view, drinking mimosas, and watching Drunk History we got ready to go to dinner at Restaurant 1833.  If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll remember that Nick and I went to this restaurant the weekend we got engaged and saw Rick Bayless and Alex Guarnaschelli.   This place is really good, but has terrible lighting for pictures.  It’s one of those places that is really dim and you can barely see the person sitting across from you.  Your eyes don’t have to adjust much from going inside from the dark parking lot.  I also have terrible vision so it could just be me. 

A great thing about my friends is that they will try anything.  They all wrinkled their noses when I ordered bone marrow, but all tried it none the less when I spread some on toast and handed it over.  That’s all I ask for.  Just to at least try it once.  Also, it means more for me if they don’t like it.  Nick made that mistake when he wanted me to try oysters.  After I had one I couldn’t stop eating them. 

Watermelon gazpacho amuse-bouche

Bone marrow with extra toast for sharing.

Bacon cheddar biscuits

I got a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with roasted broccoli rabe over garlic mashed potatoes.  It was so good.  One day I will learn to cook like this.  The pork was perfectly tender and juicy, but the bacon was nice and crisp. 

No comments: