Friday, October 17, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 7, 2014



“Turkey  for me/turkey for you/let’s eat the turkey/in my brown shoe”  - Adam Sandler


You’d think Thanksgiving was coming or something.  Tonight I wanted to make a turkey meatloaf. Originally, I was going to make turkey burger patties, but ended up having a burger for lunch so I wasn’t in the mood for that anymore.   I had gotten lean ground turkey from Sprouts so I wanted to add some moisture to the loaf.  I used a box grater and grated a whole zucchini onto a tea towel.  Twisting up the tea towel, I squeezed as much liquid out of the zucchini as I could.  You would really be surprised how much liquid comes out of it.  I then mixed the shredded zucchini with my turkey, egg, ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper.  I didn’t have any bread crumbs to add in to make it hold, which resulted in a crumbly loaf in the end.  Once the loaf cooled down it stayed in loaf form, but Nick was too impatient and ate it as a pile of ground turkey chunks.   While the turkey was in the oven baking, I also put in cauliflower and whole Brussel sprouts to roast.  I don’t have a finished product picture because the crumbled loaf was too ugly. 


No comments: