Friday, October 17, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 5, 2014



We headed back home midday so that we could do our normal Sunday chores.  My good friend and I actually headed straight to Sprouts to do our grocery shopping before I dropped her off back at home.  It was great getting in before 3pm so that I could settle down.  Even though it was a relaxing weekend, whenever I have a busy weekend I’m tired the rest of the work week. This is why I try to only do things on Saturdays.  I reserve Sundays for grocery shopping and chores.  I consider a Sunday afternoon nap a chore.  It needs to happen otherwise I’m really tired on Monday.   

My friend and I had been talking about fish tacos on the drive home so of course I really wanted fish tacos.  Generally, I think that grilling is the cook’s lazy way out in the cleaning department.  There’s very little to do for clean up if you use a gas grill like we do most of the time.  I took it a step further.  We usually grill our fish for tacos, but I put my filet of mahi mahi into a piece of foil crimped up into a pouch with soy sauce, garlic, and green onions and then put it into the oven for 15 minutes.   With the fish tacos we had a hefty spinach salad with corn, tomatoes, avocado, and a sunny side up egg. I also sauteed green onions and corn to use as a topping for the tacos and made a spicy aioli.



No comments: