Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: September 30, 2014

This is the meal that I was pretty excited about for this week.  Nick and I really like biscuits and gravy, but I was trying to get the gravy to have that diner flavor.  I've only attempted country gravy a couple of times.  I used sausage, but it's just not nearly as good as a restaurant.  Maybe I didn't use enough butter or the right kind of greasy sausage.  The sausage from the butcher is surprisingly not that greasy.  It was still pretty tasty, but not diner quality.  I was very surprised that the all-natural biscuits that I bought were really quite tasty.  I don't think they have that fluffy butteriness of Pillsbury, but I feel much better at shoving them in.

This ham steak (broken up) was the only meat I bought tonight.

No comments: