Friday, October 17, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 6, 2014



I’ve been trying to alternate between chicken and turkey to change up our meals.  I can tell the difference in meat, but they’re practically the same thing to me.  I also prepare them basically the same way as well.   I prefer red meat, but know that it’s not the best for us on a daily basis.  Nowadays, I don’t even go to the beef and lamb section of the refrigerated sections in Sprouts.   We tend to only eat red meat when we are cooking for family so that it’s a little more special for all of us.  I know that my parents and in-laws don’t eat much red meat either so it’s nice to save it for the times that we eat together. 

So, tonight we had turkey thighs cooked in a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with simple salt and pepper.  I started the sear with the thighs skin-side down. Once the skin was nicely browned, I flipped the thighs over, lowered the flame and covered the pan.  While the thighs were cooking I prepped all of my veggies.  After the thighs were cooked I sautéed some zucchini in the leftover oil.  In a separate pot, I cooked about a cup of shell pasta.  Once the zucchini was done, I sautéed  corn and tomatoes in the large pan and added the shells.  I had left over homemade vinaigrette and added that to the pan.  Holy moly, the pasta was really good. 


No comments: