Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Home sweet home

Okay so let me start with my flight home. The first part was fine and dandy because I slept the whole two hours, but then the second half seemed like the longest four hours ever. When I was in the Chicago I nearly had a heart attack because I my flight was at 9pm and my computer's clock said that it was 8:45. I checked my watch and it said the same thing so I was about to bolt to my gate, but then I realized that I hadn't accounted for the time change. Whew! I had to call Ed to tell him because I thought my heart and stopped for a second. By the time I went to sleep that night it was 7am New York time. I just talk way too much for my own good.

On to last night. I had my second ever get together and it was a HUGE success. I made the goal that Creative Memories urges new consultants to try to meet. So on top of making $114 in two and a half hours, I get a free $90 gift certificate from the company! Yippe! Most of my sales are from my mom, but it's okay. It's just a bummer that I don't make any money off of her. How wrong would it be to make money off of my own parents? What kind of daughter would I be? Anyways, so the party went well and our guests had a lot of fun. It took forever for them to finish because they all kept talking to each other while they were making their little storycards. Usually the party takes two hours at the most, but with all their chattering they weren't getting any work done. All in all, I think that it went very well.

Today I had an interview with Mrs. Martin's temp agency. Well, I don't really think that it was a real interview since they really didn't quiz me or anything. The lady that I'm going to be dealing with sounds just like me. She talks a lot at a fast pace and rivals my volume. In a span of 20 minutes, I learned that she:

  • went to Cal for both her undergrad and grad
  • sold shoes all through college
  • has a husband as well as a thirteen year old daughter who is applying for a local private high school here and a ten year old son who all love to read
  • doesn't enjoy reading as much as the rest of her family
  • knows someone who goes to UC Davis who is obsessed with Harry Potter
  • envies people who can write.

She nearly blew my eardrums out when I told her that I write for the MUD. Needless to say, she was impressed. So I don't really count this as an interview since it was so incredibly informal. She is hoping that she'll be able to get me working on Monday or Tuesday, which will be great. The only qualms I have about working is waking up. I guess that's the sacrifice that I'm going to have to make. I'm going to end up going to bed at 8pm every night just to get enough sleep.

Tonight Christopher and I both had dental appointments. I got my first cavity ever! You'll call me a nut, but I'm oddly proud of it. I know, I'm totally weird. Uncle Baldy almost missed it when he was checking out my molar because it was so small. It's been hurting lately when I eat sour stuff, so I hope now it's all fixed and grapes won't be painful anymore. I guess it was just the beginning of a cavity so he just used a sealant. It could be due to my nasty candy eating habit that formed in NY. So I still haven't experienced the full blown drilling, but I'm not sure that I want to. He also told me that I should get my wisdom teeth out while I'm home. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Uncle Baldy also gave us this cool loaf of bread in the shape of a turkey tonight to give to our parents. I think we're going to take it to Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Sylvia's tomorrow. I'm going to try to get a picture of it before it's destroyed to post up here. It's pretty cool looking with a raisin for an eye and all. I cannot wait for brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. I've been raving about my Auntie Sylvia's brussel sprouts for the last two weeks. My mom was like "What if she doesn't have them this year?" Oh man, if she doesn't have them I'm going to be so bummed and I'm sure that you'll hear about it. She makes them every year so I'm not too worried, but just in case I'm going to tell her how I've been looking forward to them so that she'll make sure to make them every year.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

No comments: