Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Recipe of the year

For your Thanksgiving enjoyment I've written a little segment about the preparation of a turkey. I wanted it to be funny, but it was rather hard so entertain me and give a little chuckle at the end.

Grip and Twist
By: Allison Chin

“Okay Mr. Turkey, in the oven you go,” she said.
“But I don’t want to,” he said with a defiant look. Wings on his hips, he looked at her impatiently wondering what she was playing at. When she didn’t back down the turkey looked uneasily at the large pan that she had placed in front of him. Strewn with carrots and celery, the pan did look appealing to the turkey, but the hot box called an oven did not. “Do I have to?”
“Yes,” she cooed. Giving him a nudge, she eased him into the pan. “Oh silly me,” she giggled “I forgot to take out your innards.”
“Pardon me, but did you say my innards?” the turkey asked in surprise. His eyes grew wide as she nodded her head. “And how do you plan on doing that?” he asked skeptically. A Cheshire cat grin spread across her face as she suited her hands up in rubber gloves. Pumping her hand in a firm grip and twist motion the turkey fell over with a soft flumping sound.
“Poor Mr. Turkey. It’s always the twisting that gets them.”

“Susan, you always make the best turkeys. What’s your secret?” asked Jill. Susan shrugged.
“Nothing really. I just scare them to death,” she said with a sly smile.

No comments: