Friday, September 14, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 13, 2012

It was a really stressful day.  We had a giant RFP to get to UPS before 2pm and we didn't have all the components.  I'm in charge of putting all of the items together for sending so the deadline was falling on me even though not all of it was in my control.  I hate when that happens.  Needless to say, I didn't have lunch until 2:30pm because I was waiting for a quote to come in so I wasn't hungry for dinner.  I wanted to stick to our menu and made Nick a giant pan of chicken for him to munch on it throughout the weekend and on Monday when I start water zumba with a friend.

I was roasting our chicken and got lazy with garlic slicing for the veggies.  Instead of my normal sauteed garlic, I threw a bulb into the oven to roast with the chicken and then squeezed the roasted garlic into our veggies.  So much easier.  We also used some of the garlicy drippings from the roasted chicken to toss the spinach noodles in.  I enjoyed the garlic-shallot paste chicken that I made on Monday night so much that I used the same base or garlic and shallots but added a few extra ingredients.  I added more EVOO than the recipe below because I had a lot of chicken to be covered.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I baked our chicken uncovered for 50 minutes at 375 degrees.
Photobucket


Asian garlic-shallot paste 
1 head garlic
1 small shallot
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp white pepper
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp EVOO 
Directions:
Blend ingredients together until smooth.  Add  EVOO until you get to your desired consistency.  Pour over protein and let marinate for 20-30 minutes. 

No comments: