Friday, September 28, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 25, 2012

I was inspired by an Everyday Food magazine to make chicken and dumplings.  I then found an easy recipe online that suggests using store bought biscuits.  That was perfectly fine with me!  I made the mistake, however of buying a no-name-brand biscuit dough and didn't read the label that it was the artificially buttered variety.  It didn't ruin the soup, but I was a little worried at first and it made it pretty greasy.  Next time I will get the non-buttered ones or just suck it up and make my own dumplings.  I've always said I'm a lazy cook after all.  The recipe also only called for boiled chicken, but I added onion, celery and carrots to make it a little more hearty.  The soup turned out pretty well despite it's artificial butteriness.  Too bad we're going through another heat wave.

Photobucket

No comments: