Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 19, 2012

I had been wanting to make my family a Chinese-style dinner for a while and finally was able to get around to it last night.  As always, it took forever.  Chinese food takes a lot of time to prepare to begin with, but with only one wok, every dish has to be made individually and then kept warm.  It is a pain and we always eat late.  But at least nothing burned.  This was the first time that I've made the vermicelli noodles.  Usually my mom does it so the flavor didn't turn out correctly.  I guess I will have to practice.  They give me really bad heart burn so I haven't really had the chance to try them on Nick and myself.  I can only make them when cooking for the family.

Photobucket
Smooth steamed eggs, Napa cabbage, vermicelli, stir fried fish, and yam leaves.

Photobucket
When I first made this dish I used snow peas, which was amazing, but Ranch 99
didn't have any so I subbed with soy beans.  I didn't like it as much, but my mom
really enjoyed it.

Photobucket
Yam leave and vermicelli. 

No comments: