Friday, September 28, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 24, 2012

I love going home for dinner.  My mom makes the best roasted chicken and it's always a balanced meal.  The only problem I have with eating at home is that she cooks with so little fat that I end up hungry a couple of hours later!  It's great spending time at home.  I think I do it way too often for someone who no longer lives at home.  Plus, I get to watch Dancing With The Stars since my mom likes it.  Nick doesn't care for it much so I feel bad when I'm hogging the TV.

I had gone home to wash all of our sheets and blankets because I've been getting little bites.  I'm not sure what they are really.  A friend of mine who is dating an exterminator said the he believes it's allergies since I don't see any actual punctures in the bites and they're very small.  But Nick has a couple too!  I'm just the one who is getting "bitten" the most.  The strange thing is that they're mostly on my right arm and right side of the body.  I sleep on the right side of the bed so I'm beginning to think it's something from the carpet. At first I thought it was my worst fear come to life and that we had bedbugs especially since we just got done traveling (you never know what will come home on your suitcase).  After stripping the bed and checking all the linings of the mattresses, googling what bed bug bites look like, and generally just staring at the mattress for any creepy crawlies, we deduced that it's not bedbugs.  They also don't look like flea bites and we've thoroughly checked Emmy.  I then started reading about mites and thought that maybe Emmy had something called Ear Mites.  Nope.  She's a clean doggy and she hasn't been itching any more than normal.  Anytime she would scratch we'd pounce on her to check out the area to see if there was anything there.  Nothing.  Now I'm stumped.  I partially hoping that I could blame it on Emmy since she is the dog, but she doesn't seem to be the culprit.  I also haven't been able to find anything online that looks like the little bites that I'm getting.  Nick, my mom, and I can't see any punctures where whatever it is that is getting at me bit me.  I put white sheets back on our bed but don't see anything crawling around.  We also vacuumed and removed Emmy's bed.  The bites seem to have slowed down, but not completely stopped.  I had gotten a clothes steamer a few weeks ago.  The plan is to steam the mattress and carpet this weekend.  If that doesn't work, I really don't know what to do.  It's driving me nuts since I obsessively clean our place. I hope they just disappear on their own.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christopher was rushing off to a troop meeting
since he's an Assistant Scout Master.  His pants
are so old and worn that there was a giant hole in
the butt.  My mom has tried sewing it up three times
but it keeps popping.  We are holding it together
with safety pins.

Photobucket
During the day Emmy had made herself a nest in the comforter and pillows.

No comments: