Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: February 16, 2014



I don’t know what got into me tonight. Nick had suggested that we have a casserole of some sort for dinner.  This has to be the worst-best thing that I’ve made in a long time.  It is seriously a heart attack in a casserole dish, but it was really, really tasty.  I have to say, I had two helpings and Nick had three.  We still have so much left over that I think I’ll have to mix it into something else to cut the richness.  Nick tried to tell me that it’s not that bad for us, but it is, it really is.







We didn't let it cool down enough so all the liquid ran out.


Heart Attack in a Dish
3 zucchini, sliced
1 broccoli crown, small pieces
1 onion,  diced
1 container sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom
1 bag Monterey jack cheese
Pepper
1 can Pillsbury Grand muffins, the flaking kind
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In large bowl, mix together sour cream, cheese, cream of mushroom, pepper, and onion.  Spread the mixture over the zucchini and broccoli.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375.  After 30 minutes, take it out and stir in mixture.  Cover with foil and cool for 45 minutes.  Uncover and lower heat to 350.  Splitting the biscuits in half, place gently on top of casserole.  Bake for another 15 minutes or until biscuits are brown.
Note: I didn’t have room to stir the mixture in the beginning when it had not begun to melt.  Once the mixture was a little softer, it was much easier to mix in.  If you have enough room in your casserole dish, feel free to mix before putting it into the oven.


No comments: