Monday, February 03, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: January 31, 2014



Tonight Nick and I were hosting Chinese New Year dinner.  Even though we prepped everything head of time and had two woks to work with, we still didn’t eat until around 9pm.  It takes so long to get all the dishes onto the table.  Our kitchen is so small that it makes it even harder to work with multiple people.  We even had the help of the 99 Ranch Market as we bought krispy pork and duck to serve.  As usual, by the time we finished making dinner, I wasn’t even hungry.  I could have really gone for a cheeseburger from Nations.  There is just something about smelling the food for so long that just makes me not want it by the time it is done.


Captioning is working properly for some reason so I'll just write a little bit of commentary in the body.  I had actually forgotten to marinate the chicken wings the night before.  I remembered while brushing my teeth that morning that they needed to be done.  I slapped makeup on my face and threw together a quick marinade.  It turned out pretty well for being so rushed.

For appetizers, Nick pan fried some pot stickers.


Our fish was to big for the wok!  My Mom's wok is pretty darn big too!


A little blurry, but this is the whole shebang.

Ginger-scallion clams, longevity noodles, and steamed fish.


Vermicelli noodles, spicy napa cabbage, chicken wings and drumsticks.

Chicken wings, duck, and krispy pork.


No comments: