Monday, February 24, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: February 20, 2014



Tonight for dinner we headed to my parent’s place.  My grandma made them a Chinese lotus root soup that I have always fondly called “pig snout soup” because of the holes in the lotus root.  I love this soup.  It’s one of my favorites.  I definitely need to learn to make it.  My mother-in-law makes it for me every once in a while too.  Nick knows that I love the lotus root and will save some of his for me to eat.  According to nutritiondata.self.com, my favorite nutrition site, lotus root has relatively low nutritional value.  There is a lot of vitamin C and it’s a mild anti-inflammatory agent, but other than that, not much going on with lotus roots.  Lots of fiber.  And the fact that they are delicious.  So to me, it doesn’t matter if it’s not that nutritionally beneficial.  My Mom also made asparagus with beef, but I had a really large lunch so I wasn’t that hungry and only ate the soup.  

No comments: