Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: Feburary 25, 2014



After a day of staying home in bed recovering from mild food poisoning, we went out to dinner with Nick’s cousin and sister.  I thought that I was well enough to eat, but I couldn’t eat as much of the all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ as I would have liked.  After the second round of meat, I started to feel dizzy.  My stomach didn’t hurt, but I think it was the influx of protein in my system after not having eaten all day.   It was a strange drunk feeling that I could feel behind my eyes.  My stomach is still pretty rumbly even now.  After dinner I pretty much hopped in the shower (you smell like the restaurant after Korean BBQ) and then got in bed.  I had slept pretty much all day, but was asleep for the night at 9:45pm.  

We had three rounds of meat, which seemed like a lot, but our cousin said that the last time he was there with another friend they had five rounds!  They give you a pretty good helping of meat too!

All the accoutrements are on the left.  The red stuff in the long silver bowl is a rice cake in kimchi sauce and the other is kimchi fried rice.

Fried potstickers

This tofu soup reminds me of college.  My roommates and I would go to a 24-hour Korean place during finals and eat lots of tofu soup and "study".

Scrambled egg in a hot pot.

Round 1: Sliced beef, pork belly, and marinated boneless short ribs.


The process.


Round 2: bbq chicken, kimichi pork, marinated beef


Round 3: boneless short rib, marinated beef, bbq chicken.


These were our options.  So many choices!

They brought out a cold cinnamon juice after.  I'm not sure what it is for, maybe digestion?  It smelled pretty good though. I didn't have any since I was already feeling queasy.

No comments: