Friday, May 20, 2011

Del Sol: Flirt

While my mom was in Panama she stopped at this shop called Del Sol.  I think they have these at a lot of touristy locations because I remember going to one of these stores in San Diego once.  Basically, the company trademark is color changing merchandise.  The color of the object changes when it is in sunlight. I believe it has something to do with the UV rays.  Anyway, so my mom picked up a couple bottles of nail polish while she was there.  I've tried this stuff before, but found that it was streaky in the sunlight.  I think my problem was that I wasn't putting enough on (I usually only use two coats).  Today I applied three coats and it turned out well.

I really like the color of this polish indoors and out, but my one complaint is that it is really difficult to get off the skin when you're indoors.  Since I apply my nail polish while on the phone at work, it made it very difficult to see.  I took off the light color from my skin as best I could, but then when I went outside to see what it looked like there was a complete mess on my toes.  It looked like I painted my nails with my eyes closed.  In the pictures below you'll see that I still have some polish on my skin.  What I ended up doing was taking the nail polish remover and Q-Tips outside with me to do my touchups.  Next time I will sit outside to apply.


Photobucket
Without sun

Photobucket
With Sun



Photobucket
No Sun
No Flash

Photobucket
Sun
No Flash



Photobucket
No Sun
Flash

Photobucket
Sun
Flash

No comments: