Wednesday, May 25, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils Continued

As I said in my last post about NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, I bought more.  I've been using these quite a bit since I can get a whole look out of them with a couple of easy swipes.  The pigmentation is pretty bold, but I like to pat and blend them out a lot.  I've seen reviews where people have mentioned that these pencils are so creamy that they will crease on your lid, but I haven't run into that problem.  As long as I blend them out I have no problem with creasing.  If I want a stronger color these pencils are very buildable.  I will apply, blend, apply more, blend, etc.  Of this set my favorite color is French Fries.  It's a darker and warmer brown that Iced Mocha, but I can wear this alone and still enjoy the color.  The other colors that I purchased are colors that I like to use in conjunction with eyeshadows.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Top: Pots&Pans, Orchid
Bottom: Slate, French Fries, Rust

Photobucket
From Left: Slate, French Fries, Pot&Pans, Rust, Orchid

Photobucket
No Flash
From Left: Slate, Pots&Pans, Orchid, Rust, French Fries

Photobucket
Flash
From Left: Slate, Pots&Pans, Orchid, Rust, French Fries

Photobucket
Blended out

Photobucket
I decided that since I like the jumbo eye pencils so much
that I would try out a lip pencil.  I was expecting this to be
a darker color.  This photo without flash is true to color.
This color is called Pink Nude.  I really like the texture, but
I don't think I'd like to keep reapplying this when I eat.  I
probably won't buy many more of these unless there is a
great deal.   I'm just not a lip color person.

Photobucket
No flash
Top: Pink Nude on top of a bright pink lipstain
Bottom: Pink Nude alone

Photobucket
Flash

No comments: