Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

I think I'm in love.  I haven't been this stoked about a makeup product since the Naked Palette.  These things are just so easy!  I've heard a lot of great things about NYX cosmetics, but hadn't tried them until recently because I didn't want to pay shipping and Sephora doesn't carry them.  I found a couple of sellers on Amazon that have free shipping so I decided to give them a try. The texture is so creamy and smooth that it glides right on without tugging at the skin.  I use these on my eyelids for full coverage.  All you have to do is color them on like a crayon.  The staying power is phenomenal also.  I don't use a primer when I put this on and it seems to last all day even when I have a run incorporated into my routine.

My favorited Jumbo Eye Pencil is Iced Mocha.  It's a soft brown color that blends well with my Naked Palette or can be work alone.  I use the Cottage Cheese and Strawberry Milkshake colors less frequently, but they really pretty too.  The Cottage Cheese works well as a highlighter.  I find that it is a little to white to wear by itself.  All of these colors blend well with the Naked Palette. Whenever I go out now, I use Iced Mocha as my base or stand alone.  It is very subtle and so quick to apply that I can color it on right before running out the door.  Last night I had to stop myself from buying another five jumbo pencils.  I have a feeling that I will end up ordering them eventually though!

Photobucket
From Top: Strawberry Milk, Iced Mocha, Cottage Cheese


Photobucket
From Top: Strawberry Milk, Iced Mocha, Cottage Cheese

----

I decided to purchase more on Amazon and will post pictures when I get them.  I originally wasn't going to put on makeup today since we have a softball game tonight.  I got bored at work so I did a "look" with the three pencils that I have here.  I used the pink as an all over color, the brown in the outer corners, and the white in the center of the lid.  I also tight lined with Stila's Kajal in Onyx, which did carry over into the shading of the brown.   Hopefully it doesn't rain later at the softball game.  

Photobucket
I don't know how the ladies on Youtube and beauty
blogs take pictures without blinding themselves!
This is without a flash because I was seeing spots from
trying to do it with flash.

Photobucket
No Flash

No comments: