Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sloshball and Softball practice

You may be wondering, what the heck is sloshball?  Well I was wondering the same thing before I played it.  I will never play it again.

To lighten up softball practice one of the girls suggested that we play some sloshball.  The gist of the game is to always be drinking a beer.  When you're in the outfield you have to hold a beer in your hand until you finish it.  So you basically drink your beer as fast as you can so you can put down the can otherwise you have a mitted hand and a hand holding a beer.  This makes throwing very difficult.  I can't throw as it is.  Then when it is your turn to hit, you always have to stop at second base to chug half a beer before you can round to third and home.  It is a delightful game of drunken debotury that I won't be partaking in the future.   It was a lot of fun though.  I've just learned my lesson.

As for real practice, we've been doing a lot of it.  I'm getting better at hitting the ball with semi-okay form and I actually caught two fly balls.  I was so happy that I did a little dance.  We'll see what happens at the game tonight.  I'm hoping that all the hard work will pay off.  Our team is at the bottom of the league right now and I have a feeling that we will be staying there.  It seems like our team is improving from all the practice, but not improving enough.  At least it's good exercise and camaraderie!

No comments: