Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shoe Haul

I'm calling this a haul because I usually don't get this many shoes in the span of three days.  Actually, I haven't really been buying heels recently because Nick and I haven't been going out as frequently.  I decided to purchase these though because they were inexpensive and I had been looking at the cork ones for months.  The total after shipping was only $70!  I haven't paid that little for heels in a while so I was quite excited.  Then when Nick and I went to Napa for the bbq this past weekend we stopped off at the outlets and I picked up the Guess wedges for another $70.  $140 for three pairs of shoes is not to shabby!  The pair that I've had in my "saved for later" cart on Endless is $150 alone.  I just haven't purchased them because I would have no where to wear them to.  Now that I've been job hunting, (yes, I'm on a mad hunt for a new job now that Dave is gone and isn't around to keep Neil on track) I might actually find a place where I can wear heels.  Fingers crossed!

You will have to ignore the jumbled background in the pictures.  You can see the shoes better on my desk rather than on my floor since the shoe color is similar to the color of my carpet.  Don't worry, I haven't worn the shoes out yet so they're still clean!

Photobucket
Catalogue picture

Photobucket
I was wondering how they made the shoes with cork without the cork cracking
after a while.  What they did was use faux leather with a screen printed cork
pattern.  You can't really tell that it's not really cork from the catalogue picture.
It's not bad, but not what I expected.  Still cute though.  You get what
you pay for.
Photobucket
The paisleyish insert is a Dr. Scholl's pad that I added myself.
Since the heel is pretty high it does hurt the ball of my foot
because there isn't much padding in the actual shoe.  The
inserts help with that a lot. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Catalogue picture

Photobucket
I actually like these more than the cork shoes, which is the pair that I originally
wanted.  I don't like to pay for shipping so I thought it would be better
to get another pair just to make the shipping worth it.  I have difficulty wearing
platform heels, but since these were inexpensive I thought I'd try them out.
I will be clinging to Nick's arm while wearing these so that I don't do a crash landing.

Photobucket
I also added a Dr. Scholl's insert to this shoe.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I got these at the Guess outlet in Napa.  The sole is pretty comfortable so I
haven't added an insole.  I plan to wear these this weekend when we go wine
tasting with Linda, Rob, and Coach. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Extra insert that I haven't used yet.  The pack comes with three sets.
Photobucket
These were $15 at my CVS, but I had a $3 off
coupon and go them for $12.

No comments: