Monday, June 18, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: June 16, 2012

I know, my dinner post dates are a little backwards, but I was trying to compile all of the pictures from various cell phones in our family.  I believe I finally have them all.

Saturday was a very busy day for us. We first drove out to Daly City to have dim sum at Koi Palace with Nick's grandma on his Dad's side. This was the first time meeting her because Nick doesn't speak the same dialect that she does.  The food was delicious and I got to taste my first suckling pig and xiaolongbao that Nick has been raving about since he got back from Hong Kong a couple of years ago.  They were just as good as he described.

Photobucket
Xiaolongbao: soup encased in a dumpling

After dim sum we headed to Union Square to go to visit Nick's sister at Nordstroms and also go to Saks to look at their Manolo Blahniks.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the pair that I was looking for in stock, but I did try on one pair that a lot of wedding magazines show and were also in my beloved Sex and the City.  They were nice, but not really something I could wear again after the wedding.  If I'm spending a month's worth of rent on shoes, I better be able to wear them more than once. The gentleman told me that he could order them for me, but I didn't want to commit to $850 shoes a year and a half away from the wedding in case my tastes change.  That would be a very large credit if they didn't look as spectacular as the pictures.  Needless to say, we left empty handed and with money still in my bank account.  

On our way home we also stopped by the Davies Symphony Hall to pick up tickets for the Wizard of Oz Movie Night and Pixar in Concert.  We were able to avoid the extra $10/ticket surcharge by picking them up at the window.  It was a big money saver since we were buying the cheapest tickets.  

After getting home, Nick and I lounged in our very hot apartment before getting ready to head back out to San Francisco for dinner at Incanto. Nick had made reservations for both of our families to get together for an engagement celebration.  We brought with us three bottles of wine from Wente Vineyards to try since we're leaning towards them for a venue and also a bottle of champagne that our friends Frank and Jenelle gave us. It was the champagne that they had at their wedding and what we were drinking when we first met.  The dinner was long, but relaxing.  We ordered six appetizers and each had our own entree as well as dessert.  Melissa got foie gras ice cream! I thought that was pretty cool, but stuck with a raspberry sorbet.

Photobucket
Bacon-wrapped pate

Photobucket
Truffle shavings with mushrooms

Photobucket
Foie Gras with strawberries over Texas toast (we had to get it before it is banned)

Photobucket
Salumi platter and spicy sardines (at the top)

Photobucket
Clams and tripe

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Christopher's pork belly; Mrs. Fong had the same

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Melissa's spaghaettini with an egg yolk inside and tuna heart shavings
 over the top.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
My lamb chop and lamb meatball

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
My Dad's seared Yellowtail; Mr. Fong had the same

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
My Mom's fresh pasta with seafood

Photobucket
Nick's chicken with zucchini waffles.  It was their play on chicken and waffles

Photobucket
Dessert

No comments: