Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: June 20, 2012

Tonight for dinner we had a "steak house" dinner.  Basically, we had steak and potatoes.  I had two pieces of filet mignon left over from Father's Day that I wanted to make before it started doing that brown/oxidization thing that beef does.  While Nick was taking Emmy for a walk-run I grilled up the steaks and roasted some potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, and garlic with a cilantro-rosemary oil.  It was quite tasty even though I generally don't like cilantro.  I've found that if I chop it up very finely and cook with it, the flavors come through and I don't find myself biting into nasty giant chunks of green.


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Perfectly rare for my tastes

Cilantro-Rosemary Oil 
3 tbsp fresh cilantro; finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh rosemary; finely chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 c EVOO 
Directions
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.   Pour over desired vegetables.  
 For vegetables:
Roast on middle rack at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments: