Friday, June 22, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: June 21, 2012

After an exceptionally large lunch at BJs with my coworkers and boss, I would have thought that I wouldn't be very hungry for dinner.  I had apparently picked the highest caloric item on the menu, but I love chicken fried steak.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Feeling guilty, I went for a difficult uphill run with Emmy in the wind.  It was so windy at the top of the flag pole hill that we ran up that her leash was blowing all over the place and at one point caught a breeze, flew up, and dropped on her head.  She looked back at me like I had done it or something. The last time I felt wind like that was on a cruise ship deck during a night at sea.  It was pretty intense for being a sunny day at 5:30pm in Concord. 

When we got back, my mom had a scrumptious meal waiting for us.  Yum yum yum.  She made a savory pork tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, sauteed mushrooms (which I didn't eat) and garlic green beans.  The pork tenderloin was so huge that I didn't believe her and thought it was a pork loin.  It was, however, very juicy and tender so I came around her after cleaning my plate.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
She put the pork on her little piggy platter from Foodnetwork.com.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Nick's plate since I don't eat mushrooms much anymore.  He gave me some of
his green beans because he knows that they are my favorite.  

No comments: