Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: June 19, 2012

For round two of massage night Shanna was actually successful at giving us massages. (Last time we just talked all night.)  I slept so well and generally feel more relaxed.  Because we were both getting massages, we ended up having a very late dinner.  It's a good thing I had prepared the lasagnas the night before and the veggies and garlic bread were simple.  I love making these individual sized lasagnas, but it felt rather lack luster when making them because I couldn't fit in layer upon layer of veg and cheese like I was planning.  There ended up only being one layer each of ricotta, mushroom, spinach, and mozzarella.  I thought it still tasted good, but it kind of all mushed together.  This could also be because I put them back in the oven to keep warm so the cheeses didn't set up while cooling.  I also made garlic bread with a homemade spread of butter, sage, parsley, and garlic.  I actually used herbs from my little herb garden!  Usually I forget that they're out there.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I tossed brocollini, cauliflower, and garlic in EVOO
with salt and pepper then roasted at 400 degrees
for 30 min.  I took out the florettes early so that
they wouldn't over cook.  

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Easy Garlic Spread 
1 stick unsalted butter
2 large garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped 
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and spread over french bread.  Add shredded mozzarella if desired. 

No comments: