Monday, October 01, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 26, 2012

This week was an all chicken week.  Neither Nick and I were not able to go home for lunch to walk Emmy so my mom was gracious enough to pick her up and bring her home.  After a very long day at work, I had gone up to my parents place to pick up Emmy and decided that we would do a repeat dinner with the blended garlic-shallot chicken breast.  I just wasn't in the mood to be creative.  After cutting up the chicken though, I had a second wind and made a quick chicken broth with the chicken bones.  I couldn't stand last time that we threw out the bones without making a stock.  Now we have a ton of stock on our hands and my freezer is jam packed. (We also had some from the chicken and dumpling soup I made the night before.)  Though it's supposed to be in the 100's here, we'll be having soup all of this week.  We'll bring in the Fall food even if Mother Nature isn't cooperating.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I was excited to try out some new spinach noodles from Ranch 99.  These were
disgusting.  When boiling them some of the green coloring came out.  No bueno.
We threw out the whole packet and I will not be buying them again. 

Photobucket

No comments: