Wednesday, September 20, 2006

my interning post

I've started a new job. It's a real money-paying job! None of this volunteer stuff; not that I don't like to volunteer, but I'm actually getting paid now! After reading a suggestion from a response I got from one of my recent posts, I emailed my local Creative Memories consultant and asked if I could be a consultant. It was as easy as that! I'm about to sign my contract and everyone I've met is really nice and very helpful. The company is on a pyramid system, but there is plenty of room to move up and not a lot of competition for positions. It's one of those kinds of things that you benefit from the people under them, but don't take money from them. The leaders train the new consultants and get rewarded for recruiting as well as training. It's a very friendly environment. The best thing about it, is that you can do it anywhere. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what I was going to do after my move to New York because I plan to go back home to California for two months to stay for the holidays. This is great because I can virtually do it anywhere!

Not only is the company made to make scrapbooks, but they also help clients organize all of the their pictures and teach them how to do everything digitally if they want to. I just think it's great because they really encourage their consultants to try their hardest to motivate their clients.

As well as doing CM, I've also been hired on by an out of country company who sells products to the United States. I'm the middle man who tells them that the customer has paid on this end and that it is okay for them to send their product. After, I forward them the money and get to keep 10% of the profit. I haven't actually started, but it sure sounds like an easy way to make money. It is a plus because this is also a job that I can do from anywhere.

I recieved and email today from the man in charge saying that he would send me the packet giving me instructions. When I had applied, I didn't even think that my application went through because I recieved one of those Mailer-Demon messages directly after sending. It was definitely a nice surprise. More income! Woo-hoo! That's always a plus. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm curious myself. I was a little wary at first, but the application didn't ask for any really personal information, so I thought it was okay. I wouldn't have sent anything in if they asked for my ssn or any account numbers.

Today I found the local post office and on the way I stopped in at the library and applied for volunteer work in the children’s center. I'm hoping that these three new things will keep me busy here.

I’m really looking forward to CM because I love memory books. There is also a cool product that they are offering that I’m totally stoked about. You can actually make your own picture book of memories. It’s so great for people who don’t have time to make their own memory books. I was even wondering if you could publish children’s books this way, but I’m not sure. It seems like you could since you write your story and have your picture. I guess I’ll have to see. I supposed it wouldn’t really be published, but it would be a nice hardbound book of whatever I write. Now I’m curious if that’s a good way to go for children’s picture books… hmmm.

When the new school semester starts after the holidays I also plan to go take some classes at the local junior college. I hate to say it, but I miss school. K-Bachelors Degree really puts you in a routine.

No comments: