Thursday, May 01, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 30, 2014

It was so hot.  Emmy and I set out for a run to my inlaws' house so that Nick could do his laundry at their place.  It's only about 5.5 miles away from our apartment on the trails, but I thought that I could stay on the trail longer and turn up a street further down.  As it turns out, that particular street turns into a mini highway and no pedestrians are allowed.  So it took us much longer because we had to figure out how to get to their house.  I'm not that familiar with the streets of that area.  After much texting and Google mapping, Emmy and I got there.  Instead of 5.5 miles, it ended up being 8.5 miles.  It was so hot out that a good half of our run was walking.  After the first 2.5 miles I was sweating profusely and Emmy's tongue was hanging out of her mouth.   Thankfully my family is fully supportive of my marathon training and waited for me to eat and didn't say anything about the sweat or stinkiness.

By the time we got to my inlaws' house, Nick had grilled up all of the chicken and squash that I pre-marinated.  True to form, my inlaws added more food to the table.  It was delicious as always.  I've written the marinade recipe below out of things that I had in my fridge and pantry.  I added links to the Asian sauces, but they should be readily availabe in your Asian market or Asian foods section of your grocery store.  I'm pretty sure I was even able to get these in the Price Chopper in Troy




I love, love, love Galbi ribs.  Even though the chicken was very tasty, I really liked the ribs.  Now 99 Ranch sells them pre-marinated. 

I marinated the squash in soy sauce, EVOO, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They turned out really well also. 

Sichaun Noodle Sauce marinated chicken.



Sichaun Noodle marinade 
3 tbsp Sichaun Noodle sauce1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp soy sauce

My father-in-law loves Emmy and she LOVES him. This pic looks a little funny, but she looks up at him like, why did you stop petting me?  She kept him company while he was cleaning his grill. 


No comments: