Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: May 12, 2014

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I've had a difficult time with beer can chicken in the past. (The first post is linked in the post provided.)  So yes, I only have tried it two other times, but when you fail so miserably the first time and get an only passable outcome on the second try, it is really hard to try to pick yourself up and do it again.  But year after year, I seriously only try once a year, I've finally had success and used up my beer can chicken quote for the year.  Maybe I'll try my luck and do it again.

This guy was a pretty small chicken of about 4.5 pounds so I only cooked it for an hour and a half.  After trying last year and getting a rather dry chicken, a friend of mine suggested wrapping the chicken in foil.  I tried that this time and it worked like a charm.  It doesn't make for the prettiest of pictures and a little bit of skin was sacrificed, but it was cooked evenly and very juicy.  It only took half a can of Coors Light too.  I also grilled some corn and romaine for sides.  I am seriously obsessed with this grilled romaine.


The big reveal



The Pinterest filter post.


I was a little worried about this red section, but when we looked closer it is actually congealed blood.  Doesn't that make it sound delicious?

Anyone want this?  Just kidding. 


No comments: