Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 29, 2014

Inspired by my protein burger from In 'n Out last week, I wanted to make our own version.  Emmy and I didn't go running today because my allergies were killing me and we are planning to run to my inlaws' tomorrow night for another bbq so that Nick can do his laundry.  I figured we could take today off since it's pretty warm out and catch up on our milage from Wednesday through Friday, though tomorrow's forecast looks pretty warm too.  Nevertheless, I took today off to do some cooking and manage my sniffles. Sniffling really makes me tired.

I seasoned about a pound of lean ground beef with garlic powder, black pepper, salt and a packet of Simply Organic Ranch Dressing Mix.  I also added about a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tsp of worcestershire sauce.   Since I've had success with baked kale chips, I also decided to try out baked potato chips.






Baked Cayenne Potato chips 
1 Idaho potato, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp cayenne
cooking spray 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Lay out slices of potato so that there is only one layer of potato slices.  Spray potatoes evenly with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.  Bake in oven for 1.5 hours.  

No comments: