Monday, March 14, 2011

Bouillabaisse

When we were in Monterey I had gotten the bouillabaisse (fish stew) at dinner.  I thought it was really good and wanted to try it at home. Not knowing that I was going to get sick, I did all my grocery shopping on Monday and purchased all of my seafood for the dish.  My mom and brother ended up having to make the soup together because I wasn't feeling well.  I thought that the soup turned out really well, but it would have been better if I could taste properly.  My taste buds were all out of whack from being ill.  I thought it was nice because Christopher helped my mom cook, which he rarely does.  I taught him how to filet the fish and he did it really well.  He even got excited about one that he filleted really nicely.

I thought the shrimp were cooked perfectly, but the clams could have used a little more time.  My mom followed Emeril's recipe exactly and even set a timer for how long he specified all the seafood to be in for, but I think they were a little bit under, which is why I got so sick the next day.  It's a good thing everyone else was feeling okay.

Our family still enjoys the tomato based of cioppino over the fish based bouillabaisse, but I thought it would be nice to try something new.  I also had three frozen bags of homemade fish stock to use up, so we needed to make something with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: