Monday, March 07, 2011

Lipgloss Storage

Originally I had fit all of my lipglosses into my five-drawer storage unit, but it was difficult to see everything I had because I had glosses layered on top of each other.  I went and searched Google for a good lipgloss storage solution and found this clever idea.  The girl said that she got her box at a Walmart in the fishing section.  I had no idea what kind of box this was since it didn't look like a standard tackle box and she didn't mention what it was called.  It's a good thing Rob fishes a lot because when I asked Linda what she thought it was she knew right away.  It's a bait box!  Instead of going to Walmart, I ordered this one on Amazon for $9.87.  Now that I've been using Nick's Amazon Prime I don't even have to leave my house to get the small things that I would generally get at the store and waste gas on.  No tax and free shipping!  Plus, if I did go to Walmart of Kmart to their fishing sections I know I would wander over to their makeup section too so this really does save me money.

I didn't like the dividers that the box came with because they were too tall for me to reach in and grab what I wanted easily so I cut up the cardboard box that the bait box was shipped in and made the dividers the way I wanted them.  I even cut the divider in front row to be half the size of the others so that I could put my lip balms and shorter glosses in front and still see them.  My mom suggested that I tape the tops of the dividers so that I don't give myself a paper cut.  This actually works out better because it makes it more durable.  I'm quite pleased with my handy work and now I can see all the colors I have.  There is even room for more glosses!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: