Monday, March 14, 2011

Essie: Mochacino

I wasn't planning on doing my nails until I was at work like usual, but it was raining yesterday and I wanted to test out one of my new colors.  When wandering Target on Saturday I saw that they started carrying Essie polishes and for $0.71 cheaper than my local CVS.  Score!  They had a lot more colors and at $7.79 a bottle, I was able to get two.  For some reason once nail polish hits $8.00 I think it's really expensive.  Anything up to that price point is fair game though.  I was only going to get Mochacino, but then saw Trophy Wife and knew I had to have it.  In the photo they have on their site it looks more like a forest green, but it is really more of a turquoise that reminds me of The Little Mermaid.  Because the weather was so gloomy, I wanted to try out Mochacino.  It started with me just wanted to test it on my pinkie nail and then I ended up painting my whole left hand.  I figured since I was half way done I would just keep going.

I swiped my picture from Once Bitten, who does a splendid job of reviewing this color.  In the pictures I took of my own nails I only used two coats, but have decided that three looks the best with Essie polish as I experienced with Sand Tropez.  Once Bitten also used three coats on her nails.

Photobucket
Image from Once Bitten

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
No Flash

Photobucket
Trophy Wife

No comments: