Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pseudo Book Club

On Sunday Bonnie and I headed out to Burlingame to have a pseudo book club at Abby's.  I'm calling it pseudo book club because we didn't actually read any books this time around.  After realizing that we would read the books only to discuss them for about five minutes and then hang out for the next six to seven hours we decided to just call it what it is, a get together.  Abby made an awesome egg, sausage, and Granny Smith apple strata that was so light and fluffy and a super delicious garlic cheese ball.  Oh man, I couldn't stop eating it, but didn't eat as much as I thought I would because I was talking so much.    Bonnie and I always know that if we go to Abby's we're going to eat well.  She has always been an excellent cook.  Bonnie brought some super sweet pineapple and a berry salad, which was nice and sweet to go with the scones I brought (my usual Ina Garten recipe).

As soon as I picked Bonnie up I think we were thinking the same thing.  We wanted to know if Abby would want to walk to Sephora.  I'm not the only one with the makeup bug!  After we ate and had a little bit of food coma, we headed to downtown Burlingame to wander and check out Sephora.  If I lived where Abby lives I would practically be living in Sephora.  It's only a 5 minute walk from her apartment!  It would take longer to find parking downtown than it does to get there by foot.  After complaining so much about not getting at dual ended 24/7 eyeliner in the Naked Palette, I decided to bite the bullet and just buy one.  I got the color Underground, but haven't used it yet.  I saw that on Hautelook.com, a boutique site (free sign up), that Urban Decay was going to be on sale.  I haven't opened the liner yet in case by some chance they are selling them for less than the $18 price tag at Sephora.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  When I tested the liners at the store they were so smooth feeling that if they're on sale I might get a bunch of them.

After we finished walking around downtown, we headed back to Abby's to watch a movie, but then ended up chattering the rest of the time.  This is great though because we're planning on getting together for a movie night so that we can watch the movie we ended up not watching.  Woo hoo!  More girl time!

No comments: