Monday, March 03, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: Feburary 27, 2014



Tonight I went to my parent’s house for dinner.  Nick had to go to a work function and my Mom had picked up Emmy for me during the day so that I could go to the gym. This is why I will always live close to home.  Grandma is around to pick up my fur-baby so that I can have some time to go to the gym.  On top of that, she made me dinner!  Sometimes I really wonder why I ever moved out.  I think she wonders that too.

My Mom made a pretty awesome pot roast with kale, onions, and carrots.  Since I’m getting back into Crossfit, I only had a little bit of rice and used a salad plate.  I had just enough rice to satisfy the urge for carbs.  I’m not really trying to cut back that much (I love burritos and pho during lunch), but if I can cut back at night when I don’t really crave pasta or rice, I will.  Let’s be real here.  I’m sure you’ve all noticed that the harder I try to be healthy, the unhealthier I am.  So I’m hoping to just be normal.  No extremes from one side to the other.  I think that Nick and I generally cook pretty balanced meals as it is. It’s just those darn Taco Bell cravings that get us. 

This is my Dad's portion, but it was much prettier than mine.

This is what I ate.  It's hard to tell, but it's on a salad plate.

No comments: