Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: March 16, 2014



Have I mentioned lately that I hate going to Costco on Sundays?  Unfortunately, it’s the best day for me to go and apparently for the rest of Contra Costa County.  Planning a Sunday trip to Costco is an all-day affair.  There is mental preparation, execution, and decompression.  It’s an ordeal.

We were planning to go to the Fongs house to discuss buying a house since we had already talked it over with my parents and hadn’t with them yet.  They are all for it, by the way.  We planned to barbeque since the weather has been so nice.  I picked up some boneless beef short ribs, halibut, asparagus, and organic salad greens.  I also brought over some quinoa and kale to have as our carb.  








Boneless short rib marinade

5 boneless short ribs
2 c low sodium soy sauce
¼ c EVOO
3 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
4 bay leaves
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp kosher salt

Directions:

Mix in a gallon-size plastic bag and marinate for at least 3 hours.

No comments: