Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: March 24, 2014

Tonight was another lazy night.  Since I didn't have time to hit the grocery store over the weekend, I popped into Sprouts to pick up a few things.  *Gross factor disclosure* We were trying out an organic raw diet on Emmy, but noticed that the bone shards were pretty hard in her poop. This dog is eating better than we are.  I had read that it helps with health issues and promote overall healtiness in dogs of any age.  The raw bones were supposed to help her teeth and gums.  I didn't notice any yucky dog breath smell, but the bones in her poop scared us.  I've resorted to giving her boneless meat in the evenings when I'm making our dinner.

Tonight I used one of the five chicken drumsticks as her dinner (deboned).  I save the other four drumsticks for us.  In a large ziptop bag, I shook the chicken drumsticks in a mixture of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion power, salt, and thyme.  After placing the chicken on  top of the squash, I sprinkled the rest of the seasoning on the zucchini and added a little bit of EVOO.  I drizzled some EVOO over the top of the chicken as well and baked the heck out of the dish.  I also made a little bit of orzo just so that we had a starch.



Parmesan Cheese-seasoning Chicken 
1/4 c garlic powder
1/4 c onion powder
2 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp kosher salt
1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
3 lb chicken (doesn't matter what cut) 
Directions:  
Mix all dry ingredients in a ziptop bag.  Place chicken in bag.  Shake until fully coated. Bake or grill as fit. If baking, preheat at 375.  Bake for 45 minutes. 

No comments: