Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: March 15, 2014


It’s official.  We’ve started house hunting.  This also means that we’re taking an itty-bitty (very itty-bitty) step toward potentially having children.  That’s a big POTENTIALLY.  Don’t get your pom poms out yet, folks.  But we are moving in that general direction as grown adults.  This adulthood thing is not as great as it’s cracked up to be.  There are so many more responsibilities and actual life changing decisions that come with repercussions than pre-college days.  For instance, when I was in kindergarten a kid dared me to cut my hair with the kiddie scissors that claimed they can’t cut hair (thus, they were terrible at cutting everything except for hair).  So what did I do?  I cut my hair.  It was a big deal back then and I thought, Oh man, I’m in trouble.  But in the grand scheme of things, it was just hair.  Now I have real things to worry about like home loans, school districts, and college funds.  First-world problems.  So instead of blogging, I’ve been scouring real estate sites.

After a morning of changing my maiden name in my bank accounts, Nick and I went with my parents to look at open houses in the area.  Sometimes I wish we could just uproot ourselves and move to Iowa.  We’ve only been at it for a week, but there are so many factors to think about and try to absorb. 

In the evening, I headed out to see the Veronica Mars movie with some girlfriends.  My pre-movie dinner was a nice grilled shrimp burrito from Rubio’s that I scarfed down in less than five minutes so that we wouldn’t be late for our 7:40pm showing.  It was a jam packed day and I’m exhausted just thinking about it.  


Emmy also got her summer furcut so she was pretty exhausted from spending the morning with a strange face and pair of clippers.

No comments: