Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: March 11, 2014



I really wanted to try a gravy based Crock Pot meal like a friend of mine suggested.  She asserts that not all Crock Pot meals are acidic.  True!  After a lengthy discussion, we came to the conclusion that it was the onions and garlic that I’ve been regularly using (the blended parsley that I used in our failed meal was an experiment).  I had a couple of jars of chicken gravy that I had bought for Thanksgiving, but didn’t use because we made our own from drippings.  I cooked bone-in , skin on chicken thighs with the gravy and some shredded cheese.  Nick agreed that the dish was not acidic and he actually liked it.  So gravy bases it is!

I defrosted some garlic mashed potatoes, but we think that the potato structure broke down in the freezer.  It tasted really good, but ended up being really soupy.  I also cooked baby spinach and a kale mixture in the gravy liquids from the chicken.

No comments: