Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: March 26, 2014

I generally don't like sweet food, but for some reason I felt like having teriyaki chicken. Being that we never make that kind of food, I had to make my own teriyaki sauce.  It's a pretty simple process so I've never really thought about buying pre-made teriyaki sauce.  Sprouts was having a sale on their chicken this week, so I was able to get a whole chicken already butchered for me.  Originally, I had thought that I had gotten a smokin' deal on three days worth of groceries, but when I was doing the math in my head, it didn't add up.  I hunted down the receipt and saw that the cashier had missed zapping the whole chicken.  So instead of on sale, I got it free.  No wonder my total bill was so small.  The chicken itself was only $4.69, so I don't feel so bad about not paying for it.  So this dinner was extra tasty because it was "on the house".


I had to use up a bag of kale, so I put as much as I could in the bottom of
the pan with the excess teriyaki.  






Teriyaki Sauce 
1 c soy sauce
1 c sugar
2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
1 tsp garlic powder


No comments: