Monday, July 02, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: July 1, 2013

The tickets we had bought for Patryk's race covered both days of the events.  Christopher didn't want to go for the second day, so Nick asked his cousin Dennis if he wanted to go.  We headed up at 9am so that Nick and Dennis could take pictures of the races.  I will post some of their pictures once Dennis uploads them and sends them to me.  I'm sure his pictures are way better than my tiny camera phone.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
This lens is a gigantic!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Dennis' new car that he custom ordered.  It seriously took 10 months for it to
be made and shipped over.  It was worth the wait though...according to him.
 On our way back from the track he went from zero to 60 so quickly that my 
stomach did that flip you get when you ride a roller coaster and I could feel
 myself being pushed back into the seat.  My knuckles were white. 
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
He got 3rd place on the last race that we didn't
see!  Now I wish we would have stay.  Boo.

We didn't stay as long today because I had errands to run and chores to do around the house before our 4th of July BBQ.  I had also asked my mom and brother to come over for dinner since my dad is on his crazy bike ride from Oregon down to Sacramento.  

I must be on a roasted garlic craze because I did some more tonight to make a garlic paste to put on our sausage buns.  It was delicious and I'll definitely be doing it again.  

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Roasted Garlic Spread 
3 garlic cloves; roasted (directions to roast garlic)
EVOO
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped 
Directions:
Squeeze garlic into a blender or food processor (I used my Magic Bullet).  Add cilantro and 1 tbsp EVOO. Grind until smooth adding more EVOO until paste is at desired consistency.



No comments: