Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: July 17, 2012

I've been under the weather for the last couple of days, but that didn't stop me from making what I wanted to.  Good thing I had been planning on Wonton Mein anyway because of the cooler weather.  It turned out well that I happened to be sick and it was very comforting, though it did take a much longer time to make since I was doing everything sitting down.  As usual, I made my own wonton and just added fresh ramen noodles, baby bok choy, and napa cabbage (at the bottom of the bowl).  I totally forgot to use my bean sprouts!  Now I have to figure out what to make with them.  I thought the soup was kind of bland, but that is probably what I needed.  Besides, nothing was tasting or smelling right and my ears were plugged.  Nick beefed his up with some oyster sauce.

I think the best part of being sick is that your figure looks amazing when you start to feel better from the lack of food.  My back and neck still hurt from literally being in a prone position for the last 48 hours.  Poor Emmy was so bored that she would jump down from the bed everytime I rolled over and look at me expectantly like I was going to spring up and play with her.  Thank goodness for Airborne or I'd probably still be laying in bed groaning.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments: