Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: July 18, 2012

I had made the mistake of going to work for the first half of the day.  I thought that I could tough it out to get some missed work done, but I was wrong.  I looked and felt horrible so I ended up going home around 1pm.  I'm just glad that I live a block away from the office.  I stopped at Target first to pick up some medicine, but didn't know what to get because I didn't have any sniffles or a sore throat.  Usually, I try not to take medicine because it makes me feel great and then I end up over doing it and feel worse the next day.  I felt so terrible at work that I caved.  Low and behold, I rediscovered and old love from all my sick days in dreary NY.  I had horrible aches and pains, a headache and general lack of focus and zombie zoning.  I decided to get Airborne since I wasn't really sure what was wrong with me. After downing a glass of Airborne and laying down for a few hours, I felt amazing.  This stuff really is the thing of miracles.  I also drank half a large bottle of V8, which is packed with Vitamin C (lets not discuss the sodium content).  The pep is definitely back in my step.

In my newly found perkiness, I made a delicious linguine and clams dinner for us before getting in bed at 9pm.  I had bought live clams on Monday, but because cause of my illness I didn't want to make them last night.  They were extremely delicious tonight over spicy garlic noodles.  I will definitely be making this again soon.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments: