Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: December 10, 2012

I've been wanting to make breakfast for dinner for a while.  Nick had a friend up from LA so he went out with him for dinner to Tomi.  Tomi isn't my favorite place and I find it a little expensive so I opted to stay home.  It was a good time for me to wrap all of Nick's stocking stuffers and watch the Downton Abbey Revisited special that I had recorded a few weeks back.  I made myself sausage, eggs, and spinach.  The eggs and spinach were really good, but I've deduced that I don't really like sausage.  With the exception of Chicken Apple Sausage,  they are all too salty.  I never really liked them as a child and I guess my taste buds haven't changed much.  My grandma said that she would find bratwurst pieces stuffed between sofa cushions when she and my grandpa were babysitting me.  Note,  this is pre preschool, so the dislike for sausage has been around for a while. I've been trying to broaden my horizons, but I could barely finish the portion I gave myself and I only had half to begin with.  First, I cooked the sausage.  In the sausage drippings I sauteed about five large handfuls of spinach with some garlic.  Last, I fried up four eggs.  I love eggs, as you can tell.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
These maple sausages were so pretty at Sprouts that I had to
get them.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
When I first started eating the sausage I thought, so this is the maple sausage
that McDonald's is striving for.  It was really good for the first couple of bites
and then started getting too salty.  I did however, really like my eggs
and pile of spinach that was cooked in the sausage flavoring. 

No comments: