Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: December 17, 2012

We had so many vegetables in our fridge that needed to be used.  I figured we'd be having soup for the rest of the week because we had so much stock left from the chicken and dumpling dish and I was also planning on making a stock from the two chicken carcasses that I had.  We are going to have soup for days!  To use up some of our veggies that were going to go bad soon and some broth, I made a noodle soup with broccoli and baby bell peppers.  Nick added some left over garlic chicken from girls night to his because he didn't like that there was no meat in the dish. My argument was that we had plenty of carbs to fill him up.  The chicken did really enhance the flavor of the soup though.  I used regular spaghetti noodles since they don't absorb as much liquid as ramen.  I cooked the spaghetti half way through before I added them to my soup.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments: