Monday, December 17, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: December 14, 2012

Nick had a Holiday Party photo shoot to do tonight so I was on my own for dinner.  We had Chipotle for lunch at work so I wasn't very hungry.  Usually on nights like this I would skip dinner, but I had a road race the next day and knew that I would be sorry the next morning if I didn't eat.  We also had a girls night planned for Saturday evening and after being rather immobile after the Turkey Trot, I knew that I had to prepare the girls night dinner ahead of time.  I marinated a whole chicken in a turkey oven bag and had it ready to pop into the oven for the next day.  (I made the marinade recipe from my September 10th post). I also marinated asparagus and chopped up garlic for spinach noodles.  Once I was done preparing Saturday's dinner, I started on my spaghetti.  It was very quick and easy.  I dump a can of diced tomatoes, marjaram, two bay leaves, onion flakes, salt and pepper into a pot and let it simmer while I cleaned the bathroom.  I was lucky to get in bed by 9:30pm.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Looks like they were hard at work for the Holiday Party shoot.

No comments: