Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: December 15, 2012

I was up and at 'em early this morning to make sure that I got my coffee before heading out to Orinda for the  Jingle Bell Dash.  I was pleased to meet up with my old high school band teacher.  She was walking the 5k with her husband.  My goal was to get the 10k done under and hour, but I didn't make it.  I came in at an hour and four minutes and 83rd out of 173 women.  At least I wasn't last.  I had not anticipated the long, steep hills.  I'm obsessed with meeting this goal so I have signed up for another race this coming weekend in Pleasanton.  I signed up for the Double Road Race 15k on Christmas Eve-Eve.  Apparently, it's a new kind of race that the former publisher of Runner's World magazine came up with.  You first run the 10k and then take a short break before running the 5k.  I'm pleased with this set up so that I can still get my 10k time, but also take the next step towards the half marathon.  Running a half marathon and then possibly a marathon has been a life goal for me for a while.  I'm not getting any younger so now seems like a good time to fulfill that goal.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
If you look closely you can see the fog looming over the water.  It was pretty
cold out at 8:45am.

Ms. Davis!

After wobbling home, I was very glad that I had prepared the dinner ahead of time.  Nick and I went to have pho with my family and then I laid on the sofa for a few hours watching, sadly, Too Cute! Kittens and baby sloths on Animal Planet. If I didn't have such severe cat allergies and Nick, I'm pretty sure I'd be an old cat lady by now.  The girls came over at 4pm and we commenced out Downton Abbey Season 1 marathon.  We got Abby hooked!  Success!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Abby made the best cupcake I've ever had.  She filled a
white cake with lemon curd and made her own cream cheese
frosting. 

No comments: