Thursday, December 12, 2013

Today's Brunch: December 7, 2013

I've been trying to get together with a girlfriend for brunch for a while now, but life just gets in the way sometimes.  After two rescheduled dates, we finally were able to meet up at a small cafe called Nana's Place. The food was pretty good and the mimosas were strong so this may become our meeting place in the future. It is also right on the marina so the view is nice and the location a good halfway point for us.  My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach nowadays, but I just really wanted a side of grits with my biscuits and gravy. I probably could have finished it all, but I didn't want to be uncomfortable or go back into my old ways.

I highly recommend this place.  It's kind of one of those small mom and pop places that is unassuming from the outside.  I think the city is making an attempt to beautify the area, which masks any charm Nana's had by a commercialized exterior. The inside though, is very 50's and homey.

No comments: