Monday, December 23, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: December 18, 2013

Tonight marks the night of my holiday downfall.  I had been feeling a little under the weather, but tonight was when it really hit.  Apparently, there has been something nasty going around and I caught it.  It's been bad.  Really bad.  Usually, if I get sick I'm out for a day of sickness and a day of recovery. Not this time.  It's day five and I'm just now beginning to recover.  I'm missing Christmas Eve!  I've never missed a Christmas Eve even when I was living on the East Coast!  I'm pretty bummed about it, but we have new babies and my Grandma to look out for.  Nick and I will have a quite Christmas Eve with just the two of us.

Any weight that I had gained back after the wedding from not sticking with Crossfiting is gone.  I was laid up in bed for a good 96 hours in bed or on the sofa.  Needless to say, there hasn't been much cooking around our house.  No cooking, lots of coughing.  My abs and figure look amazing.  Nick was very patient with me not wanting to eat what he put in front of me.

Since I had prepared this chicken at the beginning of the week, Nick made himself half a chicken and roasted cauliflower for dinner while I ate ramen and went to bed.

I had so much sage and garlic left over from Thanksgiving
that needed to be used.  I made good use of our new food
processor by making an easy paste. 

After a few days of marinating, the chicken was smelling
really good.  There was so much sage and garlic in here
that if you wanted to do this, you could probably just let
it rest for a few hours or so before cooking. 

Nick got very excited about using a cast iron press that a couple of friends
gave me for my bridal shower.  

...a little too excited.  He said that the chicken was nice and crispy and flavorful. 

No comments: